Using Foresight and Scenarios to Support Food Systems Transformation
8-9 March 2023, Montpellier
With new funding, Foresight4Food is now in a position to scale up its work. Join us for what we trust will be an inspiring, informative and forward-looking third global gathering of the network. The theme for this event is how foresight and scenario processes can help take forward national food system transformation pathways.
As with past events, this will be a chance for both the suppliers and users of foresight to share their current work and experiences. It also offers space for exploring methods and approaches and creating synergies between different streams of work.
Foresight4Food is focused on integrating participatory (qualitative) and quantitative (computer modelling) approaches to foresight and scenario analysis for food systems change. The ambition is to support ongoing national dialogue processes about food systems change, underpinned by the insights that can be provided by effective use of data, modelling and data visualisation.
The world is currently experiencing severe shocks to the food system. Foresight aims to help food systems actors and policy-makers take longer-term perspectives to build resilience and avoid constant cycles of crisis.
- State-of-the-art update on who is doing what on food systems foresight and scenario analysis
- Create a collective agenda of how foresight and scenario work could better support national food system transformation pathways
- Explore options for enhancing how data and modelling could better inform national and local food system foresight processes at national and local scales
- Clarify the role and niche of Foresight4Food in supporting its network and developing a forward agenda.
Draft Workshop Programme
7 March – Optional Learning and Training Session
- Foresight and Scenario analysis learning workshop
- Introduction to foresight approach and process
- Tools that can be used for engaging stakeholders in foresight processes
- Integrating data and modelling into participatory foresight processes
1st Day – 8 March, 2023
- Welcome and opening
- Key-note presentation
- Update on the work of Foresight4Food
- Sharing work and developments from across the Foresight4Food network
- Using foresight and scenarios to support food systems transformation
2nd Day – 9 March, 2023
- Integrating quantitative and qualitative approaches – making futures data and modelling available to meet needs at local, national, global scales
- Setting a forward agenda for Foresight4Food
The workshop is by invitation only. It is open to interested organisations and people who are directly involved as users or providers of foresight and food systems change. Due to venue capacities and the participatory style of the event numbers are limited to 60 people.
Workshop Approach and Design
The event will be highly participatory with small working groups and lots of time for informal networking and sharing. The final programme will be co-designed with those participating to ensure differing needs and interests can be met as fully as possible.
This event is being held in collaboration with FARA – Africa Foresight Academy who will support participants from the African Continent.
Registeration now closed
Registration for the workshop is now closed. If places become available and you wish to be on the waiting list, please contact us. We can also add you to our mailing list to find out about the outputs from the workshop. You can get in touch at email@example.com.